Friday, October 23, 2009

Lame-O

I’ve been following the schedule and diet, but have had the most discouraging week! I bought a new scale, because my older one stopped working. I had been wanting one anyways, because I had noticed that my old scale was completely unreliable. I could step on it 3 times in a minute and come up with 3 different weights with a variation of up to 6 pounds.
Well, this new scale is a fancy one and completely reliable. The problem is that I am fatter than I had thought. After all this work, and some weight loss, my new scale is telling me that I’m actually barely under the weight I thought I had initially been. Of course, this probably means I still lost the weight I thought I lost, but that I was fatter to start with in the beginning, and fatter now than I thought I was. It feels like I took a huge step back, so I’m completely bummed about that. I’m trying to be positive, but it’s hard when I’ve been working hard and avoiding all the temptations my husband brings home. (he shops like a man… chips, cake, pie, cookies, candybars, pop, and all kinds of yummy things you bake or fry for dinner.)

So, in an attempt to lighten my own mood, I must note that I DID go down a belt notch somehow. I may be further from my goal than I thought I was, but my waist is shrinking….

No comments:

Post a Comment