Thursday, September 24, 2009

Janelle's Personal Goals

It's hard to believe that a year ago I was in great shape. I could run 15+ miles without dying.
Old, in shape version of me
My clothes fit. It was great. Not that this new life of mine isn't great. I LOVE being a mom, and have been happy with the progress I have made in my fitness since Graesen's birth 2.5 months ago.

Big, out of shape, pregnant me (warning: this big of a belly makes it nearly impossible to walk, let alone run and stay in shape)
But, let's be honest. I still have about 10 pounds to go to be at my pre-pregnancy weight. My previous 7-7:30 pace (per mile) is now hovering around 9-10 minutes. Many of my clothes do not fit . In fact, I have resorted to wearing the same few outfits (the ones that fit) over and over again, because no one really wants to see the muffin top or love handles hanging out over the top of my other pants. So while I have lost a lot of the weight (I gained almost 50 pounds), I really would like to have my wardrobe back.
Here's where I am today:
*10 lbs to lose
*Running 4-6 days a week usually anywhere from 3-6 miles
*9-10 minute pace
*Doing ab work every once in a while
*Not dieting. I pretty much eat whatever I feel like, which is probably not helping me lose the last 10 pounds.
My Goals:
*Lose 5-10 pounds-I'm trying to be realistic, because I am breastfeeding my son and know that it is not always possible to lose all the weight while breastfeeding.
*Get up to a 10 mile run by the time Graesen is 6 months old
*Eat healthier. Maybe only one junk item per day :)
*Do ab work at least every other day
*Do pushups at least every other day (I guess that means I should start sometime. I do NOT like pushups)
*Complete the marathon
*Have fun doing the marathon- My previous marathons were done competitively. I would love to do a marathon during which I take time to enjoy the whole process.
*Spend time with my sisters

Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment