Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The First Week and my Goals

Well, I finished the workouts for the week and weighed-in this morning. Walking on the treadmill at the gym shows me that when I think I'm walking as fast as humanly possible, I'm still at a really slow mile pace. I added a bit of jogging to the routine to spped things up, but was disgusted at how sweaty my cast became and how long it took to dry at home with a hair dryer. (gross!!!) I only have one more week of wearing the cast if all goes as planned, so keep your fingers crossed!

This week I add dieting to the routine. I started last night and found a yummy low-calorie meal that the whole family enjoyed. I toasted English muffins, melted low cal sharp cheddar slices on them, and then topped it with our free-range, organic eggs that were "fried" with zero calorie "butter" spray. In all - it was 210 calories and tastes like junk food. Addison loved it. Since it's my TOTM(time of the month) this week, it will be hard to diet, but I hope to see a weight loss of 3 pounds by next Tuesday. When I lose 15 pounds, I get to treat myself with a hair cut and color, so let's get that done before Thanksgiving!

The total goal is to lose 40-45 pounds by my birthday - February 9th.

After that, I want to:

1.) Keep it off by cheating only once a week and finding more low cal recipes that the whole family loves so that I can keep cooking. (I love food prep.)

2.) Finish the marathon with my sisters.


3.) Wear a bathing suit this year and not be limited by my low self image. (go to the water park with my kids!)

4.) Maintain a healthy attitude about my body for my daughter's sake so that she is active by choice - and not by fear over her figure.

Last night, Addison and I did toddler yoga. You haven't seen cute until you've seen a two-year-old do yoga. I think it will be our new routine. FREAKIN ADORABLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment